Fat Burning Diet Plan

provides

An easy diet plan to help you in the New Year.

Ok, so we have all eaten and tasted the Christmas cookies, everyone’s creations and purchases of specialty cakes and chocolates. Remember it’s not polite to refuse a gift! New Years Eve we had to have the champagne toast to bring in the New Year and once started it’s hard to stop!

So now what, if you are like me this two week holiday period always represents at least 10 pounds of new belly bulge to stretch those jeans just a little further.

But all is not lost. There are a few simple steps that you can take to encourage fat loss without having to make celery your food of choice!

Here is a list of foods, which I will call the fabulous fat burners, primarily because they keep you fuller longer and require more energy to digest:

Fabulous Fat Burners:

1. Oatmeal: It’s fiber-rich and provides that full feeling lasting long past the donuts lying on the table. Use berries to offer the necessary sweetness.
  2. Almonds and Nuts: Another tummy filler actually beats out rice cakes. Skip the salted ones and don’t overdue it so the calorie count stays low.
  3. Berries: Loads of fiber in these tiny packages
  4. Vegetables: Spinach and broccoli have high fiber content and very few calories. Start with a salad made with romaine, arugula or spinach and you will feel full thus allowing smaller portions for the rest of the meal. Avocados are another great source of fiber and make great additions in a salad.
  5. Beans: The best are: Lima, Kidney, White and Navy Beans. They are low in calorie count and contain plenty of protein and fiber. They help rid the fat, and assist in weight loss.
  6. Eggs: They have an important ingredient to metabolize fat, vitamin B12.  People who eat eggs lose more weight than bagel eaters!
  7. Whole Grains: Another high fiber item which keeps you fuller, longer!
  8. Lean Meats and Fish: More calories are burned when digesting protein, so opt for turkey or fish, especially tuna or salmon. These fish also contain omega-3s which reduce stress chemicals to keep you leaner.
  9. Peanut Butter: It’s packed with niacin which aids in digestion and prevents that bloated belly. 2 tablespoons a day and all natural without any added sugar is the best.
  10. Dairy: Yogurt is packed with calcium which breaks down fat and may even prevent its accumulation. Pick low fat or fat free. Parmigiana cheese another calcium rich dairy product which activates the fat-burning hormones. Additionally, it is high in protein which will keep you fuller longer. A great add on to salads.
  11. Tea: The green variety is rich in antioxidants which speed up metabolism. Those who drink tea can burn up to 266 more calories per day. Try four cups a day.
  12. Protein Powder: It contains amino acids which burn fat. Add two teaspoons to a fruit, yogurt or low-fat smoothie for a fat-busting drink.

Negative Calorie Foods:

What you say? Negative Calorie Foods?

This is a group of foods that actually require more energy to consume and digest than the calorie count actually in the foods themselves. So you can eat as much of these as you want.Some of them are also on the Fat Burning List so you will get both benefits in one food item. Many of these are great snack items.  You can leave them around in bowls and baskets for the whole family.

Comments

1. increase

This is so AWESOME Donna! I eat some of the above mentioned. I love salmon. I need to increase more vegetable. I’ll make a copy of this list. 🙂

2. donna thomas says:
    carrots

Yusuf, The green stuff is always the best in more areas than one! LOL. I think I’m going to start investing in gigantic bags of carrots and leave them everywhere as I am a muncher!

3. information

This is perfect timing for you to share this information Donna! I love how you list items and how they can be incorporated into your diet. Really like your list of ‘negative calorie foods’. It is easy to read and understand.
    Lynn Brown recently posted..It’s A New Year so Don’t Break the Law!

4. donna thomas says:
    nothing

Lynn, So glad you like it; It’s really nothing more than a list of high fiber fruits and vegetables that require more work from our bodies than they supply.. Carrots are definitely on my list of munchies as we start 2011.. those extra 10 lbs have got to go!

5. Changes

Great advice, thanks for the post. Changes in diet will be complemented with exercise. A couple of hours after you eat is the optimal time for a brisk walk. This will improve your heart function and blood circulation. Feeling great afterward is just an added bonus.
    Deb recently posted..Dog Toys

6. donna thomas says:
    exercise

Deb, thanks for reminding us all that exercise must be part of a burning fat program! This time of year it’s great to take your family dog out for some exercise too! Then you both feel great and get a better nights rest as well!

7. straight

this is a great article. the info is there, straight up, easy to understand and then you leave us with the negative calorie food teaser – awesome!
    angela recently posted..Top Real Estate Sites October 2010

8. clarity

The blog post is worth to read. The clarity and balance that reflects from this blog post. These days blogs are used in each and every field. The idea that we recieve from them are unevitable. The art required is the power of creativity within yourself through learning, thinking, creating and rigorous study. Therefore the blog post is immensely fruitful for the readers. Thank you a lot for providing such an awesome article. I await your future article with great egarness.

9. donna thomas says:
    looking

Dear Stretch, Thanks for the encouragement and compliment! I’m always looking for posts/content that will appeal to my readers, what is your passion? Is there a subject that you would like me to address? Looking forward to hearing from you

10. donna thomas says:
    Hopefully

Angela, appreciate your input as I respect and trust your insight. Hopefully the negative calorie list will help you if your looking to get rid of that extra holiday bulge we all end up acquiring after the holidays. Do you have a favorite on the list?

11. article

The article is worth reading. The clarity and structure that reflects from this blog post. Now-a-days blogs are used everywhere. The knowledge that we gain from them has no words to describe. The art needed is the power of creativity within itself via learning, thinking, creating and rigorous study. Therefore the article is truely fruitful for the readers. Thank you a lot for providing such an awesome article. I await your next article with great egarness.

12. donna thomas says:
    Although

Anti aging diet; thanks for your support! Although this post was designed to address easy method to burn fat, simply by virtue of the fact that they are also foods which are kinder to our body, they also help fight the war on aging! Tell me what you think are the most effective foods in combating the aging process?

13. Building

Hey Donna!

Great post! Thank you for submitting it to the Building a Brand Online Link Roundup!

Very clean, informative, and not overwhelming! Easy to digest – no pun intended 😉

Thank you!

Avram
    Avram Gonzales recently posted..Comment on “Baby Steps” – Donna Thomas’ InspirACTION Challenge by Francisca Giannini

14. donna thomas says:
    enjoyed

Avram, I always try to apply the K.I.S.S. formula.. glad to see you enjoyed it!

15. usually

Hi Donna,
    I didn’t know that peanut butter is a fat burner! I usually thought that when I eat peanut butter and jelly, I would get fat, as it is a popular snack for children. Glad to know that the mango, which is my favorite fruit, is also a negative calorie food. 🙂
    Thanks for sharing!
    Felicia recently posted..FTP leaderboard April- 1000 freeroll for top 200 scheduled

16. donna thomas says:
    everything

Felicia, As everything it must be used in moderation but yes peanut butter can help burn that fat. It’s always nice to find a favorite that has its advantages, unfortunately mango doesn’t make it to my favorite list. I do like it in juice but as a fruit would prefer pineapple or raspberries. New blog post coming soon!!!

17. Looking

Hi Donna,
    I don’t mind if mango isn’t one of your favorites..that means more for me! 🙂
    Pineapple juice is okay too. Looking forward to your new blog post!
    Felicia recently posted..Worst Bad Beat in WSOP history

18. donna thomas says:
    direction

Felicia, have so many ideas for my next post not sure which direction to head.. any that you would like to see?

19. physically

Hi Donna,
    I apologize for the late reply..I think maybe you could write about how to lose weight even if not very physically active? Or how about losing the extra pounds after having a baby? 🙂
    Felicia recently posted..PokerStars donates confiscated funds from minor to charity 518-402

20. website